Pages

Friday 5 December 2014

BBQ Pork Puff Pastry


So you might have seen my BBQ Bun recipe recently (mmm buns..) and often I have left over fillings from these endeavours.  As much as I love the pillowy soft buns, sometimes I just really can't be bothered going through the effort. So what to do with the left over meat?? Let me introduce you to my best friend - puff pastry. As you might have already gathered, it is a fantastic ingredient just when time is pressing, or you have the spirit of a heffalump for the day. These quick and easy BBQ pork puff pastries are easy to put together and you'll look like a hero for producing a delicious lunch in record time!




If you prefer to make the puff pastry version over the steamed bun version, use the meat from my BBQ pork steamed bun post and you're all set to rock n roll.

Ingredients :

3 sheet of puff pastry (makes 12 puffs)
1 egg, lightly beaten

Steps :

Preheat oven to 180 degree Celcius.

Cut the pastry into 4 squares (half horizontally and vertically).


Put filling in the middle and fold them into triangle. Use a fork to press down the ends making a nice pattern and also to seal the pastry together.



Brush the egg wash over pastry and bake it for 20mins or until golden. I sometimes like to sprinkle some sesame seeds on the pastry before baking. But I didn't have any in pantry this time.




Happy baking everyone! 

No comments: